- Only available resource on researching early and current legal systems of the Western Pacific Islands
- Helps researchers easily identify current and historical primary and secondary sources on this topic
- Links historical resources to current legislation in force
- Outlines key untraditional resources which fill documentation gaps in pre-independence legal systems
- Succinctly summarizes Great Britain’s involvement in the Western Pacific
- Key research guide for anyone with an interest in the region’s colorful but difficult legal landscape!
About This Title
The Pacific region holds a cluster of emerging nations that are attempting to reconcile a British-styled legal system with indigenous customary law.