- Learn about the history of ethnic diversity within AALL and the essential role of minority law librarians in organizations and democratic society
- Read first-hand about honorees’ journey to law librarianship—new edition includes updates and 23 new honoree profiles!
- Perfect for future law librarians and all AALL members
About This Title
This new edition of Celebrating Diversity: A Legacy of Minority Leadership in the American Association of Law Libraries builds upon the first edition by providing updated information and new insights into diversity in law librarianship. New and future leaders in AALL are identified and profiled, demonstrating the growth of diverse law library professionals in the field. New data gathered from a second survey of minority members is compared with data from a previous survey published in the first edition.
The profiles of minority librarians are arranged in four parts:
- Part I: Legacy of Leadership
- Part II: The Enduring Legacy: Leaders and Mentors
- Part III: Leaders of Today
- Part IV: Leaders of Tomorrow
Like the first one, this new edition furthers AALL’s core purpose and organizational values to advance the profession of law librarianship. Just as importantly, it contributes to the history of diversity in the profession by documenting the contributions of minority law librarians to AALL and law librarianship.
Shamika D. Dalton
Interim Associate Director, University of Florida
Dr. Yvonne J. Chandler
Associate Professor, University of North Texas
Vicente E. Garces
Reference Administration & Web Services Librarian, University of Minnesota
Reference Librarian, Rutgers School of Law
Carol Avery Nicholson
Retired Associate Director for Technical Services, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Assistant Professor, San Jose State University
Order Your Copy Today!
Celebrating Diversity: A Legacy of Minority Leadership in the American Association of Law Libraries, Second Edition*
AALL Publications Series No. 81
Item #: 1006431
Pages: xxvii, 299p.
Published: Getzville; William S. Hein & Co., Inc.; 2018
*Standing order customers automatically receive this title.